Tips to Chat with Guys by Phone
In reaIn reality, chatting by phone is not so different to chatting face to face. The
main difference is that you do not have your charming smile and facial
expression to rely on between words. Chatting to guys that you might end up
dating by phone however is a little bit different to chatting to your mother or
your very best friend. Make sure your phone chatting experience goes as well as
can be by following a few gay chat tips.
- Smile like you mean itly to smile when you are in a room on your own and not facing the person that you are chatting to but having a smile on your face while you are chatting comes across in your voice. Smiling also makes you feel better which is importing in ensuring that you come across to your chat friend in your best light.
- Listen carefully – Half of a conversation is about listening. Try not to babble on too much and let the other person speak. What listening really means though, is actually taking notice of what your chat partner is saying and giving appropriate responses. Practising good listening is invaluable.
- Be prepared – If you need to, prepare a short list of subjects that you know you can chat about easily if there is an uncomfortable lull in conversation. It doesn’t hurt to have just a few words written down as prompts that you can skip to when you need to. Stick to subjects that you know well or that you are passionate about.
- Get ready to laugh – Having a giggle makes everybody feel good. If you can make your chat partner laugh with the things that you say then you are on safe ground. Also be prepared to laugh when they say something funny. There is no need to be self conscious about letting go on the phone; it is completely normal.
- Do not disturb – For the best chat experience, make the call when you are alone and will not be disturbed. Making a call when you hanging out with your friends is likely to be unsettling for your chat partner is likely to make you feel uncomfortable and censor what you are saying.
- Be yourself – The golden rule to chatting to someone, whether by phone or in person, is to simply be you. Keeping up pretence of being something that you are not is tiring and dishonest. Remember that your chat partner has probably already read your chat profile and they liked it.
- Keep it clean – For your first few phone dates it is probably best to keep the conversation clean and above board, unless you are both comfortable with more risqué subjects. Double entendres are fine with most people but id you do not get the response you expected, leave them out.
Gay Network is the UK's fastest growing gay online community, with lots of hot new guys joining every day. Try your luck chatting with new guys by phone.